Quality Assurance Guarantee
“Our clients and their patients are our top priority, and they rely on our professionalism, speed and accuracy. There is no substitute for being able to call and talk to the pathologist who interpreted the test. You just can’t do that with an impersonal, national lab.”
Dr. Joshua Gapp, Owner
KDL staff and laboratory personnel guarantee quality patient care and undergo a rigorous quality training and compliance program. All specimens are processed on-site in KDL’s modern laboratory facility, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and the most currently recommended FDA-approved testing methods available.
- Ranked consistently among highest in satisfaction (4.95 out of 5) among referring practitioners
- Low average specimen rejection (0.01%) and specimen failure (0.06%) rates
- Conservative utilization of auxiliary testing: 53% fewer immunohistochemistry studies than the average for other labs in the Southeast (MMP survey, 2009)
- Skin cancer (melanoma) reporting to Tennessee Cancer Registry
- Active research and publications
Licenses and Accreditations
KDL is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), certified by CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments), and licensed by the State of Tennessee. In addition, KDL pathologists perform inspections of other laboratories for the Laboratory Accreditation Program of CAP. All laboratory policies and procedures strictly follow CAP and CLIA guidelines. Patient records and communications comply with HIPAA confidentiality regulations.