KDL as a company, as well as individual staff members, support a community-based approach to medicine and are actively involved in promoting access to wellness programs and early detection of disease.
Education. Support. Access.
- KDL Healthcare practitioner continuing medical education programs
- Sun safety patient education activities
- School health fairs
- County health department fairs
- Skin cancer awareness patient education activities
- Cancer Support Community of East Tennessee
- Tennessee Cancer Coalition
- Knoxville Area Project Access (KAPA), an initiative led by the physicians of the Knoxville Academy of Medicine to provide access to healthcare for low-income, uninsured residents of Knox County, TN
- Together!HealthyKnox, a health improvement initiative by the Knox County Health Department (KCHD), emphasizing a community approach to better health